Topic

Help: Mesh Repair

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Help: Mesh Repair

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Drew Davis
    BPL Member

@drewnc2005

Locale: Denver, CO

What is the best way to fix a tear in the mesh like this:Mesh Tear

I am going to sew the “clip” for the tent pole back into its normal position but just wonder what is the best way to repair the rip on either side of the seam. It’s a minor thing, but I just want to fix it right so I can sell it.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> I am going to sew the “clip” for the tent pole back into its normal position but just wonder what is the best way to repair the rip on either side of the seam. It’s a minor thing, but I just want to fix it right so I can sell it.

I assume the clip should have been sewn to the fly fabric? I am curious as to why it wasn’t. If I am right, this is a manufacturing defect and you should send it back for the manufacturers to fix it, for free!

You Can NOT repair the netting so that it can take the load of the clip. So assume the netting won’t have to.

This means that you could sew up the rip inn the netting with a needle and thread, plus a few spots of silicone sealant at the ends for extra strength maybe.

Cheers

Drew Davis
    BPL Member

@drewnc2005

Locale: Denver, CO

Yes – I will sew the clip back into the seam which is the fly fabric you’re refering to. I was not planning on repairing the mesh in order to take the load off of the clip. Repairing the clip would be part of the job.

Any other ideas?

As for sending it back to the manufacturer, I am not sure if Big Agnes will repair something bought from an REI Garage Sale. There was hardly any dirt or signs of use and couldn’t pass it up. I should’ve inspected it a little more diligently. This is the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2. Nice tent, easy repair, hopefully easy sale.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools