Topic

Starting to Plan a trip- Need Suggestions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Starting to Plan a trip- Need Suggestions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Andy Schill

@aschill

I need help planning a trip and as I'm doing research I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. I have about 10 days total free, which would include travel time, so probably 8 days on the trail at the end of may to early June (memorial week). I would like to cover at least 100miles, maybe a tad bit more, but I don't want to overwhelm my hiking partners or myself. We are all in fairly good shape.

I am located in Ohio, so I was looking into Hiking on the AT. Shenandoah and Great Smoky National park all look amazing. We are also looking into possibly hiking in the Adirondacks as well. I normally backpack in West Virginia, Michigan, Ohio, Canada and occasionally out west.

If we go to the AT, unless we did some kind of large loop, we would need a section where an outfitter/local offers transportation services.

So here are my questions:
    – What is weather like in the Adirondacks at the end of may/beginning of June?
    – Any suggestions on some great Hikes in the Adirondacks?
    – What are some nice/scenic sections on the AT? I've been reading past trip reports (which are really great) and they are helping out a lot.
    – Are there any other suggestions for hiking in the east?

Thanks for all the help!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools