Topic

Grayson Highlands over Easter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Grayson Highlands over Easter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

My wife and I are thinking about going to Southern VA over Easter (April 22-24), probably hitting up Grayson Highlands (so she can see the ponies), and Damascus (pre-Trail Days), and Mount Rogers.

Probably going to be a motel/hostel/cabin or car camp trip.

What should I expect as far as weather? and…

What good places should I try and check out?

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

The Crest Trail and the AT make a loop through most of the really good areas. i would also hit the AT between Elk Garden adn Rhododendren Gap or at least the Gap to Mt. Rogers. On the thread following SUL with my Kid Brother I posted a more detailed list of my favorite areas and campsites for someone else with pictures of the good camping areas. Have fun. Might be to early for flowers but its always a great area.

Edit – I just noticed you said Easter. There will be some people there but its worth it. If you want a quiter campsite go over to the Crest Trail. Most of the crowds seem to come from the Massie Gap area at Grayson Highlands because it is the quickest way into the high country. Its also one of the most scenic so don't skip it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools