Topic

How to use photo posting features in the forums

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery How to use photo posting features in the forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Use simple html with the IMG tags and fully resolved URL where the image resides on the internet. For example, the photo below is referenced by an IMG tag to the URL: http://ftp.backpackinglight.com/galleries/Winds03/images/180.JPG.

For more information on the syntax used in the HTML IMG tag, please see this post:

How to write the HTML to insert images into your posts.

Caption: Glen Van Peski surviving a sufferfest in the Wind River Range, September 2003, during a freak winter storm that pinned us down for 14 hours after crossing Texas Pass into the Cirque of the Towers.

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

The Ultra-Light External Frame is made of Titanium and Carbon Fiber and weighs 6.6oz stripped. The Pack Bag was a "first draft" and made out of scrap material and with the shoulder straps brings the total weight of what you see to 17oz. The final pack bag will bring the total weight to under 16oz. The picture shows Aluninum Tubes which have been replaced with Carbon Fiber tubes. The Pack size is 2900cu inches plus the side and back mesh pockets.

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

I just love cleaver things. I just received a set of the Orikaso Flat "Origami" like Bowls, Cups and Dish.

http://www.goaao.com/orikaso_(fold_flat).htm

This has to be one of the more cleaver ideas I have seen in a long time. These items are made from a thin plastic of some type and are all very light. You fold them into their shape when you want to use them and store them flat when not being used.
    Weight of each item: (my weight)
    Cup – 1.31oz
    Bowl – 1.11oz
    Dish – 1.53oz

The Orikaso "Flat" items were shown at the recent Outdoor Show in Salt Lake City but I don't remember seeing anything about them in the follow-up reports of new items. Maybe I just missed it.

I am an old Art Teacher so it took me maybe 1 minute to fold each item. The instructions are easy to follow. I am drinking coffee out of the cup as I type this. The cup holds a little over 8oz of coffee or what ever. They even put a "fill line" mark on the inside of the cup. The handle is made in a way to keep your fingers just back from the side of the cup so you should not feel the heat of the coffee. The weight of the cup empty is 1.31oz.

I can think of many ways I might be able to use these item on a hike. I can sure state now "with a one cup experience factor" that the cup works great. I know I will be taking it on my next hike.

Jason Shaffer

@pilgrim

Oh wow, thats definitely some of the most cleverly designed gear i’ve seen in a while. May pick some up for the cool factor alone, tho they do look quite functional. kudos Bill!
    -J

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

I like the innovation of these mess kits, but I’m having trouble maintaining a crease on the plastic and keeping them all together – is there a trick?

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

yours have snaps??!!!

I must have defects…

Ryan

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Hi, I want to say first that I have nothing to do with any company selling this stuff.

It seems I was able to get some of this before it was being sold here. I had emailed Axis Outdoor asking if I could buy it direct from them. They were very nice and sent me some samples. I started using it and thought it was very cleaver stuff. I posted what I thought about it and posted some pictures of me using it.

The Bowl shape has NO snaps. It holds its shape only by the way it is folded. The three tab looking parts, folded correctly, will hold the bowl shape. You have to do it right or it does not work. The crease on the bowl goes clock wise on the inside. Counter-clock wise on the outside. I eat cereal out of one of mine a lot.

The Cup shape has metal snaps on it. I use it a lot also.

The Dish shape has plastic snaps that are a little smaller than the ones on the Cup.

When I first got mine I folded each item both ways to limber up the plastic stuff. Somewhere I read or was told that the plastic gets stronger as it is folded over and over. I would not bet money on that but this stuff has been sold outside the “US” for a couple of years I think. I have looked closely at the snaps on both my Dish and the Cup. One of the plastic snaps has a small chip on it. The small chip does not affect the way the snap works.

REI is selling this item and I would guess that if there are problems with the product they will find out fast.

AXIS has a 1-800 number if anyone wants to call them about a problem. The last time I talked to them they were getting ready to go to what ever the “Zero” day thing they have for the “PCT”?? is called. I asked if they ever went to “Trail Days” and was told they had but not for several years. The person I talked to was located in Everett, Washington.

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

I received 2 of the new BackpackingLight.com Long Handle Ti Spoons. They look so nice I took a few new pictures of the Ti Spoon with my Ti Cup Cozy and the Orikaso Flat Fold Dish.

andy elliott

@dandy22andy

hey my name is andy i work in the shipping department at axis outdoor where we distibute Orikaso. I am glad to se the conversations goin on about this item. i noticed someone had a hard time keeping it folded. what item is that. well they are out in full force and you can get them at a lot of different stores if you wanted you could check out the dealers list on the axis outdoor website http://www.axisoutdoor.com any further questions email me at [email protected] i might not get to check this forum all the time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools