Topic

Titanium Tent Stakes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Titanium Tent Stakes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Derek Kind
    BPL Member

@berethorn

I think they're sold out already! Looks like there's quite a demand. :)

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

I figured that would happen. Quite the buzz going on about these. I am looking to get some of the corkscrews to go with my new Lunar Duo, but after buying the tent I had better not press the wife for anything else right now…so it's a good thing I will have to wait anyway!

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Locale: Texas

They're sold out.

I'm checking the site daily for the corkscrews.

James DeMonaco
    BPL Member

@jdemonaco

Locale: PNW

Damn, I was too late on this.

I was looking to buy some of those straight eye hook stakes but it seems they're all gone :

Bummer.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Thanks for the business. All orders were shipped Thursday, Friday and Saturday of last week after the paint had ample time to dry. The paint actually dried much darker and looks almost red but I would say its a reddish orange. In any event they look great.

I will have more ti-eye's available later this week. I was able to find some extra 2.95mm rod so I will have enough for 280 6" UL stakes and 280 8" UL stakes. After that there will be no more of the 2.95mm rod. I will be switching to the thicker 3.175mm rod.

The 6" will be $2.00 and the 8" will be $2.50.. These should sell out very quick and will go on sale on Friday at 5pm.

Thanks for your business.
    Lawson

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Received my 2.95 mm tent stake order today and they weighed in at .194 ounces/5.51 grams….nice job.

When can we anticipative Mountainfitter Cuben Fiber CTF3 Drybags coming back into retail sales?

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hey Ken,

I am glad you liked them. I hope they met your expectations.. Oh by the way, what did you think of the paint?

I am working on having the drybags ready by mid-late week.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

To answer your question concerning the paint & paint job….. the red was not bright enough for me (personal preference); though the paint job was excellent. Time will tell how your paint holds up and how many people miss place stakes with use…..good research project for some one.

This AM I dip painted your red Ti Eyes with Sherwin Williams, Safety Yellow, Enamel (6403-25858) to match the other yellow stakes that I have. I have found yellow works better for me than red painted “heads”, and to date I have lost "nary one” of my yellow stakes in the many years of use. (Previously to painting the stakes yellow I had place narrow strip of yellow tape I used for marking my climbing gear years past around the head of the stakes.)

Something also you might want to watch out for in you QC check before customer shipment. I notice as I was prepping the stakes for the dip painting process that one of the Ti Eye stakes I purchased was bent almost to closure. This would have precluded getting any small diameter “rope” past the closure.

Thanks for the Cuben Bag update.

Ken

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

I also bought some stakes… 12 of them, couldn't pass such a sweet deal. I also ended up spending some extra bucks, the store idea was a good business plan ;-) Any updates on shipping? I placed my order a week ago and I was wondering if you shipped it or if i was going to get an email confirmation when you do? Thanks!

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hey Noel,

I usually always send out a note saying when orders ship, how they will ship and when to expect them but due to the amount of orders I got on the stakes there was no way I could possibly do that. It would of taken a full day of writing emails so I decided to try and keep everyone informed through the forums. Now as far as the orders go, all the orders that were placed last week were all shipped on Thursday, Friday and Saturday so if you placed an order and still haven't received it yet please let me know so we can track it down. Every order went USPS and sometimes they don't leave packages at peoples houses for some unknown reason so your package ends up at the post office waiting for you. They say they leave a pink notice but every-time a package comes up missing their never seems to of been a notice left. I also have had this problem in the past so I am not sure what the deal really is.. Maybe they are going green and dont want to waste paper? Or maybe USPS likes to keep everyone guessing and fool you with trickery.. On a side note I am working on setting up a tracking feature so it sends you out an email with your tracking number that way know when package will arrive..

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

There are only 145 6" stakes and 152 8" stakes left. After these are gone we will be switching to the thicker rod.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Locale: Texas

I've been holding out for the cork screw stakes and was planning on ordering some mini biners as well. Are you no longer carrying the biners? I triple checked but don't see them on your site anymore. Hopefully I'm not just blind and ignorant.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Sorry but I can no longer get the microbiners. I am working on finding a new source.

William Johnsen
    BPL Member

@sixoclocknews

Hi Lawson,
    I'm looking to place an order and was just wondering if the 6" ti-eye on the main site are the high vis ones or not. If they aren't, are they located somewhere else or are they gone? Thanks!

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

I am no longer painting the stakes. I had a two complaints about the color and potential paint durability so I decided that I didn't want to sell a product with any maybe, could, sort of complaints. I might start anodizing in the future but that will be a while before that happens. Sorry..

Steven Maxfield
    BPL Member

@fredmax56

Locale: New England

Hi lawson,
    Sorry for the delay. My stakes arrived last Wednesday. They look great.
    Fred Maxfield

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Any word on the corkscrew stakes?

Dave Myers
    Spectator

@patientwolf

Locale: South Western Oklahoma

I'm interested in the corkscrew stakes as well.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

They will available soon. I am catching up on everything and then I will do a small production run to see what kind of interest there is.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I just ordered some ti-eyes. I'll order some cork screws if you make them. Unfortunately I can't justify ordering more than 4, not with the terrain I see out here. Now if you make those Easton-like nail stakes… I have to wonder if you could make a nail stake with a fat aluminum head and titanium nail. Drill hole in the head, heat up the head to expand it, insert the titanium, maybe spin it to gall and bind it…good enough?

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

I just ordered some of the 8" Ti-eye stakes, as well as some of the new cuben drybags.

It seems that I always find that I often wished my 6" stakes were just a little longer.

The extra length would work better combined with rocks in very loose ground or give just a little extra grab in medium soil.
    I always carried a mix of stakes in the past, including a couple 9" Eastons, but having the extra length ti-stakes mean I can cut down on the variety and keep my weight down.

So now all I need to take are a few 6" and a few 8" tie-stakes, but will always carry one sand stake, but mostly for digging cat holes:-)

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> Drill hole in the head, heat up the head to expand it, insert the titanium, maybe spin it to gall and bind it…good enough?
    Effective, but very expensive operation when done one by one! Labour costs …

Cheers

James DeMonaco
    BPL Member

@jdemonaco

Locale: PNW

Glad I was finally able to pick some of these up :)

I ordered the 6" because I figured the 5" would be a bit too small for me, and it seems they are pretty popular because they're all sold out!

Congrats on a very successful product!

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Thanks for the business everyone..

All the UL 6" ones sold out and I have about 40 UL 8" and 30 UL 5" ones left. After this I will be using a little bit thicker rod so they will be a hair heavier but extra weight means extra strength. I should have some more available by the first of the week.

Thanks again,
    Lawson

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools