Topic

Morongo Multisport Melding Madness, Round 1

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Morongo Multisport Melding Madness, Round 1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Alternate title #1: Shuttle? I don't need no stinkin' shuttle.
    Alternate Title #2: Solo hiking the CRHT across Joshua Tree and cycling back.

My gearlist for this upcoming trip is posted in my profile…it's pretty much my standard UL kit.

The plan:
    12/26:
    1. Drive to Joshua Tree National Park North Entrance/Visitor center (terminus of the CRHT) and lock up my bike.
    2. Drive through the park, stashing a gallon of water ~halfway, either outside of Ryan Campground or where the CRHT meets Geology Tour Road.
    3. Drive to Black Rock Campground (start of CRHT) and leave car.
    4. Hike!! I plan on doing about 25 of the ~38 miles on day 1.
    5. Eat, relax, sleep.
    12/27:
    1. Drink coffee and watch the sunrise!
    2. Hike!
    3. Get to my bicycle, refill water at visitor center, and begin riding back to my car via Park Blvd. It's about a 45 mile ride according to my maps.
    4. Get to car, change, drive, GET MORE COFFEE, drive…
    5. Home!

I'm a little iffy on carrying 3 liters of water at a time as there is no water out there for 40 miles…(actually, recent rains have probably filled the huecos)…but I might err on the side of excess and end up carrying 4 instead. We'll see.

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

Sounds Fun,

I think I might be out in Josh climbing right about then, I will keep my eyes open for a crazy guy cycling with a pack.

Water seems like it is covered. Stashing sounds like a good idea just make sure that you either hide it REALLY well or mark it REALLY well.

So will you be hiking trail and then riding on road?

Sounds like a blast.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Awesome trip idea, should be great. It cracks me up that there are place right now where you can still hike in shorts.

I presume you'll have tools and tubes with your bike, lots of spicky crap out there. Aside from that, looks good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools