Topic

Any way to…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Any way to…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    patrick walsh

@apbt1976

Waterproof canvas work pants? I was thinking like wax or something you could apply. I think those FlyFLow work gloves are coated in a wax and then baked.

I hike 3-5 hrs a day everyday and want to make a multi purpose pant that can be worn all day everyday without having to change when i get home cuz i am wet. Canvas pants alone are plenty warm most days for me but wick moisture from the snow and get wet from the bottom up. I know i could just wear gaitors but would rather not have to go through all that for just a local walk in the woods.

Really i am just trying to figure a way to wear my favorite pants all day and not have to change when i get home. I am also trying to not look like i am heading out for a multi day trip when i am just taking the dogs for a long long walk in woods.

Jan Rezac
    BPL Member

@zkoumal

Locale: Prague, CZ

Haven't tried it myself, but you may find it useful: http://www.shelby.fi/tips/greenlandwax/index.php

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

I looked into that wax. I think washing removes it? I found some spray stuff that says it lasts 25 washes and is geared towards cotton? I will believe it when i see it. If i don't get anymore suggestions i may just try the spray?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools