Topic

Costa Rica / Columbia backpacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Costa Rica / Columbia backpacking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Ainsworth
    Spectator

@jainsworth123

Locale: Greater LA area

Through a series of unfortunate events a trip that I had had planned for the Philippines fell through, so instead I'm headed down to San Jose Costa Rica on the 31st of this months. Spending 3 weeks there, and then headed down to Bogota Columbia. I'm looking for some shortish backpacking trips (3-4 days at most) to do down there. Am very open to traveling anywhere I need to go within a reasonable distance. Also anything else that needs to be seen while I'm there.
    Also trying to figure out what to do food wise when going out? Do most people just take normal food, as I would assume bars and freeze food is next to impossible to find.
    And what, in addition to a normal gear list, would you typically take for a month and a half trip? I'm assuming an extra pair of pants, an extra shirt, an extra pair of underwear, I'm not taking a computer, and probably not going to take a phone, but would be curious to see what else other might suggest.

Kevin
    BPL Member

@kev8

Corcovado National Park is really nice. When I went there I hiked into one of the ranger stations and stayed there for 5 days, just doing day hikes. I know there are a couple of other ranger stations within the park, so you could probably plan a trip to hike between them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools