Topic

Shawnee National Forest River-to-River Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Shawnee National Forest River-to-River Trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cory McArtor

@like2bsailing

Does anyone here have information about this trail?

A friend and I are thinking about hiking it during our spring break. The trail society says it should take 14+ days to thru-hike, but at 170 miles that would be about 12 miles a day which seems really low.

If any of you have hiked it and can give advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Douglas Raymond

@dougr320

Locale: Indy

I've done a few short portions of it, mainly day hikes, pretty nice area. Get the guide book from one of the national forest offices. I know the jonesboro office had it when I was there in september

Let me know if you find any place online to get more info. I want to plan a 5 day trip hitting up the most senic sections to introduce my girlfriend to multi day hiking before we go to the Smokies later in the year.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools