Topic

4-6 weeks on the PNT (or PNNST)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning 4-6 weeks on the PNT (or PNNST)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Cramton
    BPL Member

@dcramton

Locale: South Salish Sea

Hi friends,

I’m seriously considering doing a long section hike of the Pacific Northwest Trail this summer, doing the standard E->W direction from Glacier. I’m just wondering if anyone here has done the trail and can offer first-hand advice or tips.

Context: I’m 50 years old, in OK shape, and my backpacking style is “mostly lightweight”. I’m located in Western Washington and have done lots of overnights/long weekends in the Cascades and Olympics. Also done most of the PCT from the Oregon border south to (almost) Crater Lake.

Any knowledge would be gratefully received.

–Dave

SIMULACRA
    BPL Member

@simulacra

Locale: Puget Sound

Route finding is apparently hard. Trails are not well marked for this perticular trail system. I talked with a women last summer who was on the last legs of it. She had a heck of a time making sure she was heading in the right direction apparently. I didn’t even realize I was on a trail that was part of the PNT. I’m sure this will vary from person to person though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools