Topic

Blue Cuben Fiber Drybags.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Blue Cuben Fiber Drybags.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hey Everyone,

My cuben drybags are out of stock for a while since I am out of material. Cuben Techs current lead time is 4-6 weeks so rather then wait that long I was thinking of going with a colored material. They have a really nice blue that I was thinking of using. I am pretty sure its the same color that Granite Gear is using with their Uberlight drysacks. The color will be a little more pronounced due to the thicker material I use. Before I pull the trigger I want to know if anyone is interested in this color?

Additionally I have sold quite a bit of drybags over the past six months. I want to know if everyone that has purchased one of my bags has been happy with the quality of workmanship along with the bags size and weight?

Thanks for all the feedback,
    Lawson

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

I like blue. I'd buy at least one.

I try to have all different colors in my pack so it's easier to spot things, so the more colors of cuben the better.

Christopher Kayler

@chriskayler

Locale: Outside

Hi Lawson,

It's Chris again. As you may know, I'm interested in the 2 smallest sizes, 6×9 / 10×15. Just lemme know when I can make the purchase!

Daniel Osella
    BPL Member

@sasquatch420

I'm definately interested, what are the prices? Because they are sold out I can't see the info.

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

I would be willing to take blue. I have to set up the family with dry bags and have been putting it off.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

Blue Cuben is spiffy:

cuben mitts 3

Steve Cain

@hoosierdaddy

Locale: Western Washington

I just received my "Ditty Kit" set of four bags in the mail today. (Insured, too!)

They are beautiful! Obviously well crafted with perfect edges and corners. All bonded material…no stitching or seam tape to leak. Buckles securely fasten. Haven't tried a water test, but they hold air after rolling the tops.

Here are the weights that my little scale came up with:
    6X9 = .50 oz.
    8X12 = .60 oz.
    10X15 = .80 oz.
    12X20 = 1.02 oz.

The various sizes are JUST what I needed!
    Thanks Lawson!

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

The prices are:

6×9 $12.95
    8×12 $15.95
    10×15 $17.95
    12×20 $19.95
    Ditty Kit which is all of them for $54.95

I now have free shipping on all orders.

I think I am going to go with the blue cuben until more standard gray comes in stock so I should have bags available by the end of this coming week.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Who built those cuben gloves?

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Lawson,

I purchased your 16.5×16" Pack liner when it was on sale last week and I was blow away by the quality when it arrived yesterday. It was exactly the size I was looking for to slip inside my MLD Burn pack. This is the only item of cuben that I own, however I immediately took note of the quality taped seams, attention to details in the folded bottom corners, and no errors in the construction from what my eyes could see. The buckle for the closure appears very durable and well incorporated. A+. I'll be looking to pick up a stuff sac in the future. I've yet to take it out and use it, but will definitely be putting the old plastic packliner in the closet.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Thanks for the compliments and the business. I am glad everyone likes their drybags and packliners so much. I should have more instock by the end of the week.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

"Who built those cuben gloves?"

RBH Designs (link)

Below is a link to a thread with specs:

they turned out very nicely.

Ben Egan

@benjammin21

Locale: The Grid, Brooklyn

Love any cuben. I'd get one fer shure.

Joseph Ainsworth
    Spectator

@jainsworth123

Locale: Greater LA area

Are we still looking at the end of this week ish for the blue drybags? I would love to pick up the set.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

I think were looking more like the beginning of next week. Still waiting on the material.

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

…when available.

Nancy Charlier
    BPL Member

@ncharlier

Locale: Midwest

Yeah, i would go for blue Cuben–having different colors will, if anything, help me stay better organized. I have a set already, and they are airtight (haven't tried in water yet) and very professionally done. Any chance you could have them done in time for Christmas? I think my son would love them, especially since he lives in Washington state.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

I am still waiting for the material. There was a shipping delay so I should have it soon. I will give a heads up once the bags are ready to ship.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Dug Shelby

@pittsburgh

Locale: Bay Area

I'd be glad to give props to your dry bags, highest quality! Love mine!

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Lawson, do you currently have a lead time on these?

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

I talked to him via email this week and he told me he hoped to have material in later this week, and to check his website Thursday or Friday.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Sorry for the delay. I am working on these and should have some available soon.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools