Topic

Ordering evazote direct from manufacturer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Ordering evazote direct from manufacturer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joshua S
    BPL Member

@joshualee101

Has anybody ever tried to order evazote directly from the manufacturer? They don't respond to my emails. Maybe I'm too small-time for them to bother with? Of course I never specified how much I wanted. Just the thickness and width.
    http://www.qualityfoam.com/evazote.asp

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Maybe I'm too small-time for them to bother with?"

Yes. Ask for a price quote on a 1000-foot spool and see what happens.

–B.G.–

Suzanne Pentz

@npentz2

Hi, it is not the mfgr, but has some for a decent price, depending on what you are looking for. Good luck!

Marc Shea
    BPL Member

@flytepacker

Locale: Cascades

They probably won't deal with the general public and only have a business to business sales model. Zote Foams are sold to distributors in large "buns." The customer specifies the size and shape and they cut the "bun" to size.

You may be able to find what you are looking for off the shelf at http://www.mec.ca. They carry a variety of Evazote pads. http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_listing.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302701645

I hope that helps.

Joshua S
    BPL Member

@joshualee101

Yeah, MEC doesn't have what I'm looking for. I'm trying to get a 3/8" x 24" x 50' or 100' roll. I tried contacting a couple local distributors, but it seems they cannot take any new evazote orders till some time next year. Thanks anyways.

Chris Peichel

@momo

Locale: Eureka

I am not sure how evazote compares to to minicell foam. I just received some minicell foam from foambymail.com. I do not have any evazote to compare it too. I bought it for shoulder strap padding for a pack and wanted extra to cut out a piece to add ground insulation for winter trips.

It is a dark gray (charcoal) color 1/4" thick. I bought a 48"x48" piece.
    It is very resilient and tough.

The foam actually measured 50"x49" and the whole piece weighs 17oz or 482gm
    So one square inch weighs .1967gm
    A 20"x60" piece, for example, would weigh 236gm or 8.32oz

I have no idea what the r value would be for this but just wanted to pass on some information and a source for something that might work. I believe, please correct me if I am wrong, minicell foam and evazote are both a crosslinked eva foam, evazote being a trade name.

Good luck

David Olsen
    Spectator

@oware

Locale: Steptoe Butte

Like Marc said, it doesn't come in rolls.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools