Topic

3 min prepackaged 3 gram firestarter for about 4 cents

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique 3 min prepackaged 3 gram firestarter for about 4 cents

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Edward Z
    BPL Member

@fuzz

Locale: Sunny San Diego

OK, now I know BPL is warping my brain. Here I sit at work, consuming vittles. The City provides us with these little one inch square foil sealed antimicrobial towlettes. The are called "P.A.W.S." TM by Safetec. Open the tiny package (3.4 grams) on my scale and inside is a 5"x8" towlette. Soaked in alcohol. I decided to see what it would do if left compressed in square shape, immediately sparked after removal from the package. What happened? It took lighting fast, and burned a 1/2 inch to 1 inch flame for over 3 minutes! I timed it three times over. Online you can buy boxes of these things for 6 bucks at 150 count. Heckuva deal if you ask me.

I have a bushbuddy ultra and these are the new tinderquick tabs for me!

So, multi use, 3 gram packets for use after toilet… or as a woodburning stove starter, etc… already watertight sealed in small foil packets, compact and CHEAP!

Check them out!wipes

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools