Topic

Eddie Bauer December Sales

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Eddie Bauer December Sales

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Val C

@goosebumps

Just in the store today… was given a card with these sales on it:

Rest of today 25% off one item in-store
    Dec 3-5 Buy one sweater get one 1/2 off
    Dec 6-7 Free shipping online or take 30% off one regular-priced item in-store
    Dec 8-9 Take 20% off any $100 purchase
    Take 25% off any $125 purchase
    Take 30% off any $150 purchase
    Dec 10 Cloud Layer fleece 1/4 zip $19.50

Eddie Bauer Bucks given with purchases and good from 11/30 – 12/9.

Off topic-

Igniter Jacket = trim fit all over. $150 thru today in store.

Last year's Peak XV was in my local store… does not have reinforcement on arms and shoulders. Sweet jacket and VERY PUFFY. $25% off thru today if your local store is still open. Not sure all stores will have them in stock.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Are the deals on the 8th and 9th in-store only? Also, does anyone know if eb stores will ship a product if you call them? Im looking to pick up a first ascent peak parka. I'm eying the 30% off on the 8-9 because I can't get there today.

Val C

@goosebumps

On the back it says "Offer valid one time only on regular and sale-priced merchandise at 800-426-8020, through eddiebauer.com, firstascent.com, or at eddie bauer stores. Not valid at outlet stores nor for online clearance items."

It also states that "original coupon required for redemption" and "offer cannot be combined with any other offer."

At first this looked like a regular ad for anyone's use and not individual coupons. I made a purchase today and it was placed in the bag along with eddie bauer bucks. I'm not sure if you have to make a purchase to get the coupons or what. Maybe call a store in your area and ask?

The newer Peak parkas were not in my local store and I was told they hadn't even been shipped yet so, if you order one you might want to ask which parka you'll be receiving. The Lava color is fantastic, IMO. :) I'm so sick of black.

Last years Peak XV Parka weighs 32.90 oz, size Medium.

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Jeff – Just buy it online today (Mon 11/29) – 30% off on everything not yet on sale with the code CYBERDAY. Free shipping too, though they still charge $3 handling.

I'm all over that $20 Cloud Layer 1/4 Zip fleece. I bought two on clearance for $10 each and I've been impressed. Going to have to buy another one or three at that price!

IMHO, the Igniter jacket has anything but a trim fit. That said, I have last year's model. This and last year's are both meant to be belay jacket worn over everthing else, which is the reasoning for their being so large. Given my experience, I'd size down if you were after an Igniter jacket that was anything but baggy…

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I saw that, thanks. The tax kills ya though. Brings it to about $225-$230, which is what whitaker mountaineering has had it at for a while.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

the 30% off deal would be screaming if in need of a serious down parka like the peak xv jacket. it'll be close to $210 :o

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

Forgive me but for the 30% do i need a code or a coupon or anything or can i just walk into the store a buy it at 30% off?

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

I assume they'll do it like they did with the Black Friday 30% off- they'll post the code on the EB site. IIRC they had an in store code to use too, but I imagine the store folks will know this if you're going in on the right day…

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

Just talked to them.. you gotta have the card with the code for any of these sales :(

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Drats!

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

i got this info emailed to me like it was going to be public knowledge…

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Is it an Eddie Bauer "friends" thing?

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

I signed up to be a friend but i think i am a day late and a dollar short. Ow well that coat was prob way overkill for me at the moment. I will still buy it when it goes on sale though. Maybe not till next spring but i think its a great value for when you do need it.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

i signed up for some free card thing when i bought some pants there maybe 6 weeks ago. few days ago i got an email about the $19 cloud layer fleeces coming up with "more to come"

i'm assuming that it'll follow the same pattern as the card the above poster listed

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Last year around end of January they went on steap sale. Don't give up hope. Also, whitakermountaineering.com still has them for $225 in small and medium.

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

Thanks for the link. I just placed an order for the Montane North Star jacket last night. I needed something asap, It looked to be the best deal i could find? It will not get me down to -32 but i think in most situations it should work for me? I am tempted to just order the EB coat also but i think i will first see how i do in the North Star?

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Free shipping at EB right now, so worst case you're out the $3 handling charge if you have an EB store where you can return if it doesn't pass muster…

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

i'm pretty sure most eddie bauer stores have phones that they will let you order from. this usually equates into free shipping…

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Indeed, it does! That's what I hear, at least. I've never done it as I assumed it took a few weeks and the $3 is usually worth it for me. *shrug*

I wish I hadn't been so indecisive on whether or not to try the 1/4 zip 195-weight merino base layer- was $50 w/ 30% off on Cyber Monday. Bah!

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

wait a month …. NO ONE should buy outdoor goods before xmas unless there's a massively good sale

or you need to chase polar bears in the snow

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

I have yet to buy anything that was not at least 20% and in many cases 30% off. I refuse to pay full price as it seems good gear can be found for a good deal with very little effort. Thank you google!!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools