Topic

invernos and new-matic bindings

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism invernos and new-matic bindings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Anyone know if new-matic bindings work with scarpa invernos?

Scott Ireland
    BPL Member

@winterwarlock

Locale: Western NY

From the product description page on REI, it says about the Inverno's

"Boots are compatible with step-in crampons"

I'm pretty sure the Newmatic bindings are just a trade name for step-in's.

I use an old pair of step-in Austri Alpins when I wear my Koflach Degre boots, and I know the Invernos and the Degres were pretty similar boots.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Sorry, missed this post. But yes they will work fine. Any boot with a slight "lip" or indentation at the heel portion of the boot will work with new-matics. Pretty much any real alpine boot (single or double, leather or synthetic) will have this lip, and will work fine with newmatics

That being said, precise fit varies from boot to boot. If the rocker is really pronounced on a particular boot, the crampons might not be able to flex enough to match the curvature of the rocker. In other words, you might have a gap visible between the toe of the boot and the front of the crampon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools