Topic

Stephenson’s warmlite 2C or R

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Stephenson’s warmlite 2C or R

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Derek Goffin

@derekoak

Locale: North of England

Does any one have anything bad to say about a Stephenson's warmlite as a tent for Patagonia and Aconcagua for 2.
    As Roger does not make his tunnel tents for sale, is there something more like his tent than the warmlite on the market?
    Does anyone have one for sale?

Richard Lyon
    BPL Member

@richardglyon

Locale: Bridger Mountains

On the Warmlite.

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

Although I have nothing bad to say about tunnel tent designs, I'd personally go with a pyra(Mid) type shelter for Patagonia.

But that is a very personal choice:-)

ROBERT TANGEN
    Spectator

@robertm2s

Locale: Lake Tahoe

Personally, I am not an expert, but I did see this review: “PITCHED IN THE PATGONIAN ANDES. With external poles and clips, and no fly, the Mountain Hardwear EV2 is easier and faster to pitch than most mountaineering tents, including those that use internal poles attached with Velcro straps. The Mountain Hardwear EV2 was strong enough to withstand the legendary Patagonian winds. It seems like the closer you get to the crest of the Patagonian Andes and the huge southern ice field, Hielo Sur, the stronger the winds blow. The most severe test for the EV2 was a campsite below Paso Viento. Viento means wind in Spanish. The wind was so strong that my wife and I were unable to walk or stand up. We retreated to a semi-sheltered site and pitched the EV2 to wait out the wind. The EV2 was stable with little deflection even during the hardest gusts that day and night. Our only gripe was the noise from flapping panels on the not completely taut tent canopy. It was 3 or more pounds lighter than most tents venturing out in the area, and the envy of other parties. The EV2 vestibule goes up easily – a welcome change from some tents where attaching an external vestibule takes more time than pitching the tent body itself. While it is easy to pitch, getting a taut canopy on the EV2 is difficult.”

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

The Mountain Hardwear EV2 and many 4 season domes are quite a bit heavier than many hoop, pyramid or tipi type designs.

I wouldn't want to carry it long distances, but I'm a wimp.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools