Topic

SmartWool Lightweight Zip-T; $30

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals SmartWool Lightweight Zip-T; $30

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Rothstein

@joe_r

Steepandcheap.com has Smartwool men’s long sleeve zip-t shirts for $30, blue, all sizes. They posted the deal at around 2pm (Pacific time), and I’d expect them to go pretty quickly.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I love S&C. Just ordered one. For $30, who can resist? :)

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Thanks so much for pointing this out! I ordered 2 mediums and a large. I couldn’t figure out how to do it in one order, so I have one order of mediums and one for the large. That means a separate shipping fee on each order. About 10 dollars in shipping. It is still a great deal.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

I actually own that shirt and it is a great base layer!

Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

I’ve been hunting for a deal I couldn’t pass up on a Smartwool shirt. Thanks! I think I got about the last one – I ordered, and when I returned to the homepage, they were already selling something different.

Ben

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

Thanks, Joseph. I just ordered a medium. Looks like the smalls are about gone; mediums are getting there fast. Large and XL are still well stocked (but one doesn’t know what units their inventory bars represent).

I too wish they allowed you to order multiples in different sizes on the same order. I wanted one each of 2 sizes, but that means 2 orders and 2 shipping charges. Oh well……….

Incidentally, there’s a limit of 3 items per customer.

Joseph Rothstein

@joe_r

Their site is a bit clunky (it’s still considered beta). For future reference, you can combine different sizes/colors in one order at SAC, within the three item limit. Just select one, click buy it now, and then go back to the main page and repeat for the other item. That’s worked for me in the past.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Can anyone tell me if there’s any way to get an email from SAC each time they change stock?

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

“Can anyone tell me if there’s any way to get an email from SAC each time they change stock?”

They do have an RSS feed for the page, which is tantamount to an e-mail. You’d just need to keep an eye on your feedreader.

-Mark

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Well my zip-t showed up today. Leaving on an overnight ride in a couple hours so I’ll try it out.

Steven Nelson
    BPL Member

@slnsf

Locale: Northern California

If anyone’s interested in one of these in size Medium, I ordered that and a Small, and the small fits me best. I put it on over a shirt to try it out, then rolled it back up in its packaging, so it’s exactly as shipped other than that.

$35 including shipping for the size Medium, or I’ll trade it for another Small.

– Steve

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Steve:

I’ll take it for $35. Paypal OK? If so, please let me know the email address. Thanks.

Steven Nelson
    BPL Member

@slnsf

Locale: Northern California

Hi Ben – Paypal is fine as long as it’s cash (I don’t have a pro account).

ppl at brilliantmedia * com

Thanks! Wish I’d bought two size smalls – it’s a nice, light shirt.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Steven:

Done. Thanks.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

A little chaffing under the shirt at my shoulder straps. Going to see how it performs after a run though the wash.

I love the zip feature with it as my only base layer and it’s getting colder here so the long sleeves were welcome. Didn’t notice any itchiness once I was outside. Maybe a little in the house initially. We’ll see after it goes though the washing machine.

Matt Eckhart

@matte580

steepandcheap (sac for short) has items for cheap until they sell out or the time hits midnight. A new item comes on after the item sells out or the item switches at midnight mountain time. On http://www.steepandcheap.com you can sign up to get an e-mail from them but they only send out the new item at midnight. If you want a e-mail everytime there is a new item when one sells out go to http://www.sacattack.com and sign up on that site. It is a site a user made up and lots of people use it. You can also go to http://www.sacaddicts.com and sign up which is also another user made site. sacaddicts is a forum for sac stuff and other gear topics. People often sell items they don’t like or don’t fit for the sac price. I hope that wasn’t too confusing.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools