Topic

0.3g Cuben wallet pouch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 0.3g Cuben wallet pouch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian Senez
    BPL Member

@bsenez

Locale: Alaskan

I have been carrying the Zpacks wallet pouch at 1.7g in which I put my ID, debit card, and some cash. I cloned the pouch but using .33oz cuben and a BPL aircore 1 drawstring for a 1.1g total weight. After giving it a little thought I figured out a way to make the pouch where a drawcord and cordlock would not be required. I basically made a sandwich bag type closure out of cuben. The end result is a way to carry my cards and cash and keep them together for .3g

This a quick simple project that only requires a small scrap of fabric. I took a picture of the pattern I made to share with anyone interested.

wallet pouch 1

wallet pouch 2

wallet pouch 3

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Impressive design. It's going to be hard to beat 0.3g.

Chris Peichel

@momo

Locale: Eureka

Very nice

I bet a rubber band weighs more then 0.3g

Daniel Osella
    BPL Member

@sasquatch420

Great idea.

Henk Smees
    BPL Member

@theflyingdutchman

Locale: Spanish Mountains

Hi Brian, I’m impressed – the best ideas are often the simplest ones. I’ll have some Cuben Fiber scraps when I start on my next MYOG project: a few waterproof 20 Ltr. stuff sacks (as part of my pack – the TFD pack 2.0).

I’ve bought the Cuben but, since I’ve never worked with it, I’m still studying the way to put the different parts together (having read nearly every single post on this subject in this forum, it looks like bonding is the way to go). Thanks for sharing the idea, because this pouch seems to be a perfect starting project.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools