Topic

What Camera To Buy? – Flickr Photo Comparisons

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography What Camera To Buy? – Flickr Photo Comparisons

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

In my own process of deciding what camera to buy there were a lot of considerations about image quality, size, weight, lens quality, lens options, and cost. For most consumer photographers, like many of us here on the forums, it comes down to cost and image quality. For more experienced photographers there are numerous other factors and they are most likely already familiar with such review websites and what features are important to them. I'm putting this together as a starting point to feature some of the cameras which are brought up most often on the BPL forums.

Read reviews of the camera's you are interested in over at DPReview.

For examples of photos taken with a certain camera do a search under groups over at Flickr. This will give you a good indication of what images are possible from a camera. A few forum favorites are listed below:

Compact Cameras:
    -Canon PowerShot S90/S95 (Flickr / DPReview S95 | DPReview S90)

-Panasonic Lumix TS2/FT2 (Flickr / -)

Interchangable Lens Cameras:
    -Sony NEX 3/5 (Flickr / DPReview)

-Panasonic Lumix GF1 (Flickr / DPReview)

Note: I'll edit this post to reflect any changes and inclusions of other cameras as I find them.

Chris Townsend
    BPL Member

@christownsend

Locale: Cairngorms National Park

Useful links Eric. I'd add DxOmark as well – useful for comparing image quality.

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools