Topic

Arctic 1000 gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Arctic 1000 gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Greyson Howard

@greyhound

Locale: Sierra Nevada

Did I miss the feadback on the gear used in the Arctic 1000 trek? if so could somebody point me in the right direction, I would like to know what final impressions were of the shelters, packs, etc.

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Locale: Europe

I asked the same question about a week ago, so far no reaction. So far I can tell there have been no updates.

I would love to hear more about the trek and the gear.

Maybe Ryan sees this post and……

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I have been patiently waiting for a full report on the gear used and how they performed, but as I predicted back at the end of June the whole Arctic 1000 story just seems to have petered out into nothing. Quite disappointing, considering that many of us followed the dispatches with great interest. The same thing happened with the SUL winter challenge back in January, when an enormous thread focused on a challenge that readers were encouraged to contribute to. That turned to nothing, too. Teach me to get enthusiastic about anything!

Jason Shaffer

@pa_jay

Locale: on the move....

From the Editorial Calendar: “Notes from the Field: 600 Unsupported Miles in the Alaskan Wilderness by Ryan Jordan”, scheduled for Jul-Sept publication. I’m still willing to be patient, tho I’ve been looking forward to this alot myself. However I would rather wait a bit for a more thorough article than press for something quick but less substantial…
    hint hint! :)

Brian James

@bjamesd

Locale: South Coast of BC

I believe that Ryan is writing a book about himself right now so he is probably quite busy.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

A book about myself? I got wayyyy better things to do with my time than that!

Yes, we are wrapping up the Arctic1000 stuff. One version will be posted at the arctic1000.com website and a more comprehensive version posted here. There is also a nice article coming out in TGO Outdoors about the trek/gear, I think it’s the Sept or October issue.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Ryan said, “A book about myself? I got wayyyy better things to do with my time than that!”

lol…can’t wait to see read about the gear when it comes out.

Brian James

@bjamesd

Locale: South Coast of BC

Sorry Ryan I misunderestimated my rememberations. :)

“(…)the book that I am writing that uses this expedition as a backdrop to investigate contiguous wilderness and recreation use in the US.

Posted by: Ryan Jordan”

I’ll be interested to learn more about your book!

Brian

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools