Does anyone know how much down is in the White Sierra Devils Dance Down Jacket?
Or does anyone know much about the Cordillera Cascade 800 Down Jacket? or other jackets of the same brand?
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
Does anyone know how much down is in the White Sierra Devils Dance Down Jacket?
Or does anyone know much about the Cordillera Cascade 800 Down Jacket? or other jackets of the same brand?
I am wondering the same thing myself. Did you see it anywhere other than REI? I suspect that this may be a private label play since they have no website and I have never heard of them.
No idea, but what I do to guesstimate (and it's totally arbitrary) is to look at the total weight of the jacket and assume it has roughly half the down of a premium class jacket (like a Montbell, Golite, Rab, or MHW) of comparable weight. Alternatively group jackets by total weight (fill weight) sub 10oz(~2oz fill), 12-13oz(~4oz), 1lb (~6oz), and so forth. Then any brand that doesn't divulge their fill weight is likely using the down from a class below it. So a 1lb minor brand jacket will have 3-4 oz of premium down (or maybe more oz of lower fp down) instead of the typical 6oz +/- 1oz depending on features.
So if you can find the overall weights of those jackets (I can't, sorry) that may give you a clue on what to expect in terms of warmth. Then just be pleasantly surprised if guesstimation was conservative!
Become a member to post in the forums.