Topic

New Raku! Woo Hoo!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Raku! Woo Hoo!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Burns
    BPL Member

@nerdboy52

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."

Forgive me, but when this beautiful thing became available on Gear Swap, my brain went dead and my heart soared.

I must show off the ultimate piece of cold-weather gear, rated down to -10 F in this case. cinched up, it can be worn as a coat during the hike. Lower the skirt, and you can wear it around camp. In full sleeping bag mode, you are utterly cocooned. (I know I'm in there someplace).

One disadvantage, per the old Christmas Story movie: I can't put me arms down.
    Camp mode

Hikin' Mode
    Sleeping Mode (I'm in the someplace.)

Stargazer

P.S. Anybody caught laughing will be . . . . Well, no. It is pretty funny looking. Go ahead.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I know how jealous you got when you saw me so comfortably (and warmly) eating my dinner last winter! Glad to see you've got one of your own! And remember to pull the sleeves in for the ultimate in warmth while sleeping.

Thomas Burns
    BPL Member

@nerdboy52

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."

And, in fact, Doug, it was your Raku that inspired me to get this one. I'm going to try to go all the way — wear it as a coat, as camp attire, and as a sleeping bag. Does it count against my base weight? ;-D

Stargazer

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

I hear Banana Slug is all the rage in Milan this year…

Congrats, that thing looks disgustingly warm!

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Looks awesome, congrats!

P.S. A friend has a pic of me dancing around in my Rock Wren… pretty much impossible not to laugh at that!

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Welcome to the club. That is a beauty! You scored huge on that deal – I would have bought it in a second if I didn't already have one.

Raku

How much does yours weigh? Is it Pertex Microlight?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools