Topic

Instaflator

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Instaflator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Found 'em on eBay.

Can you say stocking stuffer????

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

Does anyone know how much they weigh?

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Aaron- 1.8 oz with all fittings, +/- 1.5 with the 2 unnecessary one cut off.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

here is the source….they called me back yesterday after i emailed them an order. very nice guys. http://www.themillair.com/

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Locale: store.picharpak.com

sad they not shipping to Hong Kong…
    or need to place order via a company PO, they do not accept personal orders…

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire
    Ken Nguyen
    BPL Member

@ninjapuppet

Locale: B-Town

I've got both.

The alpacka's inflation bag is made of a more durable silnylon and weighs 100 grams, compared with the instalflator which is made out of a shopping bag-type of plastic and weighs 45 grams. it looks flimsy but mine is still going well after about 80 uses.

The Alpacka uses a larger valve which screws on (?boston valve) which wont fit onto standard thermarests while the instalflator comes with a plastic hosing at the tip which fits onto a thermarest valve.

i take the instalflator along when theres several mats to inflate and we just take turns carrying it. Highly recommended because we no longer get light headed and not worry about moisture getting into our neoairs

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

Approximately? Anyone?

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

here is mine squeezed into a 12oz rei insulated mug. you could also flatten it. design is pretty much a long diaper genie bag with a flexible tubed plastic adapter. great piece of gear. bag and tube are both multi use in case of emergency. you could probably replace the flexible adapter with something lighter if you wanted and had time to tinker. it would also be easy to cut down the bag. standard size takes one and a half bags to blow up a Large Neo Air. I might customize and cut mine down to make it so 2 full bags inflates my pad but probably wont save much weight, just makes me feel like i didn't waste anything :-)

insta

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

im just considering the world of possibilities … i can use em to inflate my … ummm … anatomically correct inflatable manikins … yeah thats it ;)

no more huffing n puffing

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Cool thanks for the reply. Think I may get one… Eric, want to split the shipping. Always willing to help a brother out..haha.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

sadly scott ive moved on to silicone … ummmm … manikins … lol

so i dont need one … my lung power is enuff for my neo air ;)

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

May be of interest to those considering the ones on sale on ebay (above link from another poster). This is the reply I got from him:

"Yes, this is our product. The only thing is that this is the version that we came out with three years ago. We have made several changes to the 3 in 1 nozzle and to the type of material that it is made out of. All so it does not have the attachment that goes with most camping air pads.

Should you have any more questions please let me know. Please feel free to give me a call, 281-433-8277"

haha.. still not sure if I need one myself. Just in case I get a DAM.

Paul Hatfield
    BPL Member

@clear_blue_skies

I measure a recent one at 1.6 ounces.

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

i think is is just extra weigh :D get a small size neoair and u almost have nothing to fill up.

Michael Meiser

@mmeiser

Locale: Michigan

Cool, but like all great ideas it's not a completely original comcept, based off a similar science gadget, the "wind bag" or "bournoulli bag" that demonstrates the bernoulli effect

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1479

Clint Wayman
    Spectator

@cwayman1

Locale: East Tennessee, US

Flyweight Designs also carries them for about $4+shipping

-their packrafts also look pretty decent!

Paul Hatfield
    BPL Member

@clear_blue_skies

Mine weighs 45g.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools