Topic

Spinning PolarGuard Delta into Yarn

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Spinning PolarGuard Delta into Yarn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

I had some scraps of both PolarGuard Delta and Climashield XP and have thought about spinning some of (one of them) into yarn. I am thinking about spinning enough to make a small weaving project like a vest to see how it works.

This is what the PG-Delta looks like spinning a little of it. This was a small test this morning just to see if I could spin it. Yes, it can be spun into yarn as you can see. To weave something out of it I would spin it for a “Woollen yarn” vs spinning it as for a “Worsted yarn”. I don’t know when I will have enough yarn to make something but expect it will be after my Oct Hike. I am not sure it is worth the time it will take but I will make something small first and see how it works.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Haha Bill, my mom would die! She loves knitting! I’m taking my mommade possum wool hat out this weekend. Keep up the creativity and let us know if this works :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools