Topic

Montbell Wind jackets

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Montbell Wind jackets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian Ahlers

@bahlers7

Locale: Idaho

Great deals on mont-bell wind jackets that weigh 2.6 oz on ebay right now! 35 bucks plus 12 for shipping from Japan still ends up being around 35 off retail

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Can anyone confirm if these are legit? I've seen them on ebay for the past couple of years, and they are always in colors/styles that montbell either doesnt produce, or no longer produces. They are also being shipping from HK not Japan, which raises suspicions in itself.

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Locale: Northwest CT

Yeah these scream knock-off to me, but maybe someone knows Montbell products well enough to confirm.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

SCREAM knockoff

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don't buy one.

Hammock Hanger
    BPL Member

@travelpro

These 'Montbell's are on eBay 24/7/365, same colors/same sizes/same price for at least the last year, maybe longer.

I agree it's a good price IF these are real, not counterfeit. I notice they are always S/M/L, never XL or larger, and since MBs are said to run small even the L's do not fit many people.
    Any MB experts out there who can give a definitive yes/no?

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I had a look at the sellers feedback and he's got a lot of positive feedback from buyers of these, so if they are fake no one is noticing. This guy sells all name brand stuff (Oakley, Hollister, A&F etc) and his overall feedback score is 99.5% on over 1000 transactions in the past 1.5 years, so it's hard to believe he's dealing fakes. He's only got 4 negative feedback scores ever and none of them have to do with the authenticity of the item.

Edit: I just noticed that one of the positive feedbacks below for an Oakley item says 'doubtful authenticity'….interesting. Kinda weird he would say that and give positive feedback, but perhaps he's just saying that because the price is so low.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gyokyoo88&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

Montbell

Ben Corner
    Spectator

@ultimatekiwi

I purchased one of these a little less than a year ago from the same seller, and the jacket *seems* fairly well-made (nice seams, light material, elastic cuffs, cool bicep zip-pocket with small zipper,

It's very light, and packs down quite small. Feels and looks a little like you're wearing a plastic bag, though. I have barely used it, actually, but it does seem to do a good job of blocking wind and ¿perhaps? shedding a little water.

If any of you are interested in pics let me know and I can grab my camera.

Also, if you're going to buy one, the same seller is selling some for $25 whose auction ends in like 2 days, as opposed to those being sold for $35 that the OP references. I bought one of the $25 ones.

****** Edit: Oh, the ones that are $25 are auctions, not buy-it-now. ******

So, the question prospective purchasers should be asking themselves is whether they would be satisfied with a fairly well-made, light, small, possibly-montbell-knockoff wind jacket for $35.

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

If they are knockoff, I wonder where he/she is getting woven nylon that light to make them from. Anyone know a source for ballistic airlight or whatever Montbell call their material?

Jason Swadley
    BPL Member

@jswadley

Locale: New England

I bought one of these last month, and the tag it came with said Pertex Quantum. I didn't think anything of it at the time, thinking perhaps Montbell used Pertex in a previous/non-US-market jacket. Anyone know whether they did?

Hammock Hanger
    BPL Member

@travelpro

MB's are said to run small by most buyers, and I see this eBay seller's feedback comments say the same thing.
    So real or not, consider buying at least one size larger than your usual.

I considered buying but since I usually wear a L to XL his L (biggest he offers) ptobably would be too small for me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools