Topic

Re-entering society after a long distance hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Re-entering society after a long distance hike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

Yeah, great story Nick. I wish I could find a place to buy a nice thick wool shirt from these days too. they don't seem to exist in the UK any more.

I did a 4 month trip many years ago backpacking and hitchhiking round Europe. Yugoslvia, Italy, Switzerland, France, spain. I had the second year of my degree to come back to. My mind wandered a lot in dull classes.

Brandon Sanchez

@dharmabumpkin

Locale: San Gabriel Mtns

Jack,
    Wheres the CDT report with pictures? I checked your blog once n a while and it doesn't seem to be working for me right now. Whats the next adventure for you?

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

Thanks for the shout-out Jacob.

What I've found is that the trick to re-entering society is to define what society is for you.

Doesn't have to be an EITHER/OR choice. I happen to enjoy my friends and my community and I miss them when I leave. Living in CO, I am also fortuante where I don't go play outdoors once every two years..but EVERY weekend. I love the backcountry skiing on a whim, exploring the off-trail peak that is not on any well known trail or

Part of me yearns for the "Next. Big. Adventure." But the Next. Big. Adventure. does not necessarily have to be months at a time. Negotiating unpaid weeks off seems to work for me at this point without having to restart every time I take off. :)

Anyway..HYOH..and live your own life.

Life is not black and white. Living life should be multicolored. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools