Topic

9.7 Gram BPL Ti Wing Esbit Stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 9.7 Gram BPL Ti Wing Esbit Stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

I ditched the bowl on my BPL ti wing stove and put in a new stainless steel rivet.

The bowl weighs 3.4 grams, so just the wings and new rivet weigh 9.7 grams (rivet weighs .3 grams, wish I could get a ti rivet, like the stock BPL one which did not even register on my scale.)

I also notched the wing pot supports with a Dremel to custom fit my Snow Peak 700. It sits in there like a lock and key, very stable.

I have an alcohol bowl (grape juice can bottom) that sits in there nice too for when I want to back up with alcohol; it holds 1.5 tbsp. Nice multi-use potstand/stove, thanks to BPL!

Here’s some pics:

If anyone is interested you can send me your ti wing stove (SASE) and I will put a rivet in it for $5. You can do it yourself but the ss tubular rivets are $6 per 100 and the roll die, anvil and hand tool are about $60. I got it all from Hanson Rivet (www.hansonrivet.com).

If you get your own stuff get the tubular rivet in stainless steel size 3/32″ diameter by 5/32″ long. Also get the roll die, HT100 hand tool and anvil for the rivet so you can set it. I got the dies with 1/2″ shanks for future use in and arbor press or bench mount rivet setter.

Side note: I actually used a 1/8″ by 7/32″ rivet in mine and ended up having to bore my wing holes out with a file to fit the 1/8″ rivet. With the length the rivet did not roll all the way over before the die maxed out. Hence I suggest the 3/32″ stuff and the shorter length at 5/32″. I have this new stuff on order so I will let you know how it fits, should be just fine though.

David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

Cool. I also took the bowl off mine… but I just cut / bent / twisted it off… I didn’t have to remove the rivet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools