Topic

New Balance MT101 $55

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals New Balance MT101 $55

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brandon Sanchez

@dharmabumpkin

Locale: San Gabriel Mtns

MSRP:$75

Running Warehouse has these for sale $64.95

At top of the page, click "Team Discounts and enter "CP15" for an extra 15% off.

New total is $55, plus tax in certain states.

Free two-day shipping and return shipping also.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Sweet! I'm going to scoop some up. Shipping to Canada is $12.50 which is pretty reasonable.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Super lame….their shipping screen doesn't mention it, but I dug into their website a bit deeper and found out their $12.50 shipping option to Canada is actually thru UPS. They should say this on the shipping screen instead of implying it's through the regular postal system.

Had I not noticed this and cancelled my order, I would have got a ~$50 bill from UPS for handling fees. UPS is ridiculous to Canada. I'm suspect they charge artificially low rates to make shippers want to use them, so they can make huge profits gouging the recipients with brokerage and handling fees.

Say Raow

@lordrasov

Dan,

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy a pair tonight. I don't want to have that UPS nightmare again. Last time I bought a $15 radio with free shipping and got dinged $50 at my doorstep.

brendan delac

@brendan

World Mail:

UPS International Mail Service. Available for all orders weighing less than 2 pounds with a value lower than $75 USD. Packages are delivered via the local postal system in the destination country. Unfortunately, World Mail does not have a tracking system. However, we have found the service to be extremely reliable and cost effective. Please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery.

i bought a pair of crocs from a bpl member recently and cringed when i got the email confirming shipment by ups as i forgot to request usps, but the package was delivered by the local mailman and i didn't have to pay anything extra.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

I read that, but I couldn't be confident fees wouldn't be charged. I wonder if they always use the local postal system to deliver, or just in countries where they don't have a UPS presence? And is Canada included when they say 'international' because often it's considered separately. Finally, UPS could get the local postal system to collect fees on their behalf, so there's really no way to be sure without more research.

I've done a little more reading now and it appears that UPS hands over the mail to the regular postal system in the original country (ie. USPS) rather than transporting it to the destination country, dealing with the taxes and then handing it over. Accordingly it looks like UPS World Mail International is free of ridiculous fees, but I still have a hard time believing UPS would miss a chance to gouge somebody. It appears to simply be a collection service for businesses that only deal with UPS and don't want to go to the post office, so UPS grabs the parcel and hands it right over to the postal system. This is a decent service if it's true because it gives international customers a way to avoid having UPS charge brokerage fees.
    http://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/about/news/press_releases/01_27_2006_mail_logic_eur.html

Canadian buyers should also know that RunningWarehouse has unusual security requests if you pay via credit card. If you pay this way you get an email saying they want a photocopy of your credit card, personal ID and drivers license.

Thanks to another BPL'er, I was able to order these shoes with free shipping to a USA address and pay RunningWarehouse via Paypal to avoid the security invasion/hassles.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools