Topic

Kilian’s Quest

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Kilian’s Quest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brandon Sanchez

@dharmabumpkin

Locale: San Gabriel Mtns

I know this is probably old news to some of you but I just discovered these videos that I though other people might like. Who knew movies about trail running could be cool?

If you dont know who Kilian Jornet is, he is the premier trail runner in the world and there are two years worth of his "Quests" on Salomon.com including his record-setting runs of the Tahoe Rim Trail and Kilimanjaro, and his crossing of the Pyrenees.

A quote from the website: "Initially slated for the John Muir Trail, permit constraints and a reluctance by authorities to endorse 'competitive' activities along the trail moved the Quest slightly further North to Lake Tahoe and the mountains that John Muir himself called the 'Range of Light…'"
    This is too bad. Its certain he would have shattered the supported record. Too bad fast-packing isn't his style because he could probably have any unsupported record he went after.

WEBSITE

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

He's definitely a phenom. I thoroughly enjoy the Kilians Quest series, it's worth checking their website out for that alone. His record breaking Kilimanjaro run is freakishly unreal and really put things into perspective for me. Kilian Jornet ran up Kilimanjaro gaining a whopping 13,960 vertical feet of elevation to the summit in 5hrs.23mins.20secs. after leaving the base camp @ 5,249ft. This guy took a 7 day summit average for climbers and condensed it down into a sub 5.5hr. run to the summit. Who does that!?

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

He's a beast, I like the series as well.

…but…

…two of my favorite beasts beat him by almost an hour at Western States this year!

…and here I am, a heavy 9-12 minute distance miler, poo-pooing Kilian's WS performance!

Maybe I'll drink another beer, watch Kilian's Quest right now, and keep dreaming :)

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

I attempted to go as Anton for Halloween, skin color and physical attributes aside of course, I still failed to find a pair of shorts short enough, locating an all orange pair of NB 100's is still a fruitless endeavor, my 13yr. old looking dirt stache is hardly manly, stealing my wife's only pearl necklace to wear on my wrist just didn't have the same effect as Antons "bling", and the long haired wig I picked up at the dollar store made my forehead break out in a horrendous rash and left me looking more like a tweaker from Barstow than a Colorado based ultrarunner. Perhaps next year I'll shoot for the Roes look. ;-)

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

"the long haired wig I picked up at the dollar store made my forehead break out in a horrendous rash and left me looking more like a tweaker from Barstow than a Colorado based ultrarunner"

Hilarious.

Yeah, good luck on finding shorts as small as his; they must be custom like the orange MT100s…either that or you need to start looking in the little girl's section of your running store.

Nobody does hipster runner like Anton…I could never pull off a fitted collared shirt on a run .
    :(

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools