Topic

New dehydrator

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Coin Page
    BPL Member

@page0018

Locale: Southeastern USA

Laurie,

I have Excalibur 3000 Series, Model 3926T – 9 tray – 600 watts. The trays are 14' x14".

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

okay… same one as I have… I noticed that some brands of parchment aren't quite wide enough so I've been using a rolled "seam" of sorts and tacking it down with a bit of butcher tape to keep liquid from getting under it. When I do soups I make a dam around the edge with the veggies and then put the more liquid part in the middle – then, as it becomes dry enough that it won't run off the trays, I spread things out.

Hope that helps. One thing I do like about my Nesco over my Excalibur is that the fruit trays have a lip.

Coin Page
    BPL Member

@page0018

Locale: Southeastern USA

Cool, thanks for the tips! The two Paraflexx sheets that came with the dehydrator are getting kind of beat up, and sometimes are not enough space to do a quantity. I'll find some parchment paper, and keep my eyes open for reuseable polyethylene/plastic sheeting

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Coin… Excalibur does sell the sheets separately. If you are going to be doing a lot of dehydrating it might be more cost effective over the long run to get the sheets made for the dehydrator.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools