Topic

DriDucks vs. Rainshield – breathability

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) DriDucks vs. Rainshield – breathability

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Carter

@jcarter1

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Anyone know how the Provent material used in DriDucks compares in breathability to Rainshield?

john Tier
    Spectator

@peter_pan

Locale: Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA

I have both the DriDucks and O2 Rainwear by Rainshield. Both are bilaminates. Both are extremely simple, fagile ( field repairable with duct tape)and very breathable. I have hiked soaked clothing dry under both of these jackets in about an hours time. Tan color of DriDucks is a little more appealing than the bright yellow ( the lightest of the O2rainwear by Rainshield).

John Carter

@jcarter1

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thanks a ton for the reply! I thought for sure no one knew. I went ahead and bougt a pair of DriDucks last week through gossamergear.com for the price point, and have been very pleased with them (except for tearing the rear seam open when squatting for the first time! Need the next size larger, it seems).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools