Topic

Changes to MB Alpine Light Jacket?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Changes to MB Alpine Light Jacket?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Will Webster

@willweb

I'm about to pull the trigger on a down jacket (currently have the EB FA Down Vest but need a jacket). I've pretty much decided on the Alpine Light; I'll probably be putting it over a shell during rest breaks so the sturdier fabric should be a help, and I like the price point (especially on sale). Mont-Bell's website indicates that the jacket is new; the specs look the same as what's discussed in the State of the Market Report except that the weight appears to have gone up 2 oz (are they including the stuff stack?). Does anyone know what's new about this jacket?

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

I have an Alpine Light jacket I purchased in 2007 — mine weighs 11.9 ounces (size medium).

It looks like the major differences for this year's model are a hem drawcord, and a different zipper. MB is claiming a weight of 13.2 ounces for the jacket in size medium. 1.3 ounces for a drawcord looks about right.

Personally, I don't see a hem drawcord as a necessary feature on this type of jacket…

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

No need for it

Looks like montbell is yuppiefying its products with more features

detachable hood on the frostline and now this

feature creep

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools