Topic

Delios water filter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Delios water filter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert Richey
    BPL Member

@bobr

Locale: San Luis Obispo

Has anybody tried the Delios water filter? This apparently is a Japanese product sold in the UK but not yet in the US. It's described as a 2 stage filter purifier that weighs 40 grams and is about the size of an egg cup. The first stage uses 0.2 micron hollow fiber, followed by a second stage with activated carbon. Supposedly removes bacteria, but no claim for viruses. It's also available with a soft bottle that one can squeeze to filter water into another container. With the bottle it costs 30 British pounds.

Yohei Aoyagi
    BPL Member

@zzz_bear

Locale: Tokyo

I know this product but never used yet.
    I'm using seychell now.

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne

They've been around in Japan for a long time. I have both the bottle filter and the larger one: haven't as yet had to use either because I bought them for my earthquake kit.

I noticed that they don't make any claim that they will filter out viruses but they really are light.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

I just got a return email saying they are good for about 1000 liters, or less in murky water, and are not intended to be back flushed.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

In outdoor industry parlance, anything called a filter is good for bacteria, protozoa, etc. If a device removes viruses, then it is termed a purifier. At 0.2 micron, it's definitely a filter, not a purifier. But hey, for most of us that's great! At 40 grams, even lighter than the Sawyer inline filter at 50-60g…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools