Topic

Custom imprinted camping tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Custom imprinted camping tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    KOJI KAWAKAMI

@westside

Hello everyone, this is first time to post here and please let me know if I don't follow the rules here.
    I'm thinking to make a few of custom imprinted camping tent for 1-2 people as store display and looking for someone can make it. So far my research online hasn't be successful yet but I only found someone can provide imprinted fabric for me. Now I need somebody who can replace the existing fabric from tents with the imprinted one. Please help me with finding such people. Thank you in advance.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

You need to describe better what kind of imprinting you need.

For example, if you just need one large logo on each side of the rain fly, that is simple, and it can be done with transfers.

If you need a complete pattern of small logos that cover all of the fabric, then that will be difficult.

–B.G.–

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

The company that makes the tent can probably do a small logo on the tent fly, for a fee. I know that The North Face did that for specific Everest parties in the past (e.g., the American Snowbird Expedition in '87). But maybe that was purely a form of advertising, I don't know.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I would think any maker of custom t-shirts could sublimate just about anything you wanted on a tent. Try some of the shops that make custom bicycle jerseys.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

The OP has the imprinted fabric panels.

He is looking for someone to replace the existing panels with the imprinted ones.

Anyone up for a sewing project?

KOJI KAWAKAMI

@westside

Hi everybody, Thank you for your replies and sorry I wasn't clear enough what I wanted to do.

I want repeated pattern with 2"x 2" logos all over the fabric and I have found someone who can provide the printed fabric.

Now, I need somebody to make tents with it. I need only about 5 of them, not 2,000 so I can't go with some factory in China.

Any further help?

Nancy Twilley

@goodcaver2

Locale: STL

Maybe you should just email some cottage manufacturers–I'm assuming you'll pay them a good price to make you some custom tents, so I'm sure there are people out there willing to do that. Do you already have a tent and you just want to replace one panel or section of it or do you want someone to make a tent totally from scratch using the fabric?

I think you'll have more success getting someone to remake, say, a tent fly out of the fabric for you. Would be a good marketing tool.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools