Topic

Imusa 10cm Mug Lid – Finally Found!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Imusa 10cm Mug Lid – Finally Found!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well,I'm sure everyone has their own already found or made, but I've been looking for one for the longest time! I've been to 10's of stores with the mug searching for a lid of any kind that will fit it.

I bought the mug a while back, but never had a lid, I assumed I would find one easily.

Today, while walking through a food aisle in Wal-Mart, I saw that they now carry their own brand of quick oats for $1.08. When I arrived home, I thought to myself wouldn't it be funny if this lid fits the mug,,, it does! The cool part about it, is that it came from quick oats, which I'll most likely use when hiking as well!

Other LDPE lids are all about 2mm too small. This was the only one that fits, it's slightly loose and not fully fully snug, but holds all my junk inside, I'm still happy! I wish I could have someone stamp me out a nice one from aluminum, but who knows,,,

Mug + Oats = $3.05

Imusa Mug with lid weigh about 2.5ozImusa 10cm mug with Walmart brand quick oats lid

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Feels great, doesn't it?

Happy for ya.

Todd

Anonymous
    Inactive

you have no idea! Thanks dude!

Ty Ty

@tylerd

Locale: SE US
    Joe L
    BPL Member

@heyyou

Locale: Cutting brush off of the Arizona Tr

You could use a rubber band to secure the loose fitting lid.

Christian Denniston
    BPL Member

@davidulhike

I purchased the Imusa lid from Mini Bull Designs for my 12cm and it is great. Fits perfect, and I enjoy the aesthetics of the wooden knob. It is a high quality piece, cheap too. Weighs 0.7 oz.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools