Topic

Your favorite Wind Shirt?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Your favorite Wind Shirt?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Wandering through the racks at St. Vinnies yesterday I found a GoLite hooded windshirt for $1.99. Yes, my eyes were like saucers :)

It must be an older model as it has handwarmer and chest pockets with zippers, a full front zipper, and weighed in at a leaden 8 oz. :) It is all polyester and feels much tougher than current stuff. Breathability is fair and I haven’t had a chance to check on DWR. Does anybody know this model?

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

Are the hand pockets at a diagonal?Sounds like it might be a Golite Bark.

I have one from a few years back. I think my size M weighs 6-7 oz.

Dan

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

A GoLite Bark it is– good call :) Mine is a large and fits like an XL (my usual size). For $1.99 it will do nicely!

GoLite Bark wind shell

John Davis

@jndavis

Locale: Isle of Man

For a big, cold, all-day wind, windshirts made from a thicker material seem best to me. The Berghaus Inferno is not perfect, in that it doesn’t seal as well at the waist as it should, but it has been with me on more winter hikes than any other jacket of any kind.

Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

Drew – I just ordered one. I’ll let you know how it seems.

Ben

RC
    BPL Member

@demo

Locale: PNW

I’ll throw another vote in for the Featherlite Smock from Montane.

Last year, I was on the scene of a really bad car accident when Hurricane Rita came up through Louisiana into Arkansas. I sat out there for half an our and even though it is only rated as water resistant, it kept my top completely dry. Pretty good for a wind shirt during a storm still rated as a Tropical Storm :)

later.
    ryanc

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools