Topic

need stove advice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) need stove advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

My oldest just turned 13. He eats as much as both Kirk and I do…so I cook for 4 now. Heh….and the appetite in teen boys can ramp up to scary levels once they start walking. His food bag is double ours!

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

mark …

if you get a stand up canister make sure you get the propane/isobutane cartridges … and you should be fine

normal butane/propane mix may have issues if the temps drop …

rogers new article lays it all out very well

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/effect_of_cold_on_gas_canisters.html

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

our is still weird in eating habits. one day he wont eat at all, in fact we have to make him, because he is so "busy".

The next morning he will eat the countertops if you dont feed him right away :)

go figure.

at least I believe in the "if you want it, you carry it" theory, so he better be able to carry his own stuff lol.

carl becker
    Spectator

@carlbecker

Locale: Northern Virginia

For our family of three I use two different canister stoves. A Soto and a Windpro. For larger pots I like a lower stove, a bit more stable IMHO. When we go car camping both stoves are used. By myself I use the Soto to boil water for tea and food.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools