Topic

SD Nitro 30 for $170 at The Clymb

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals SD Nitro 30 for $170 at The Clymb

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael Field

@mfield90

Locale: Southeast

The Clymb is having a SD sale right now. In particular, I saw the Nitro 30 for $170. Great price for a 800 fill bag IMO.

If you aren't a member, here is a link.
    http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/MichaelField

Disclaimer: I am not trying to use BPL to get the $10. I honestly don't care. If you have a friend with an account at theClymb, use that. I'm just trying to spread the word on what looks like some good deals.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

It looks like the nitros are size Long.

They also have some Vapor 2 XL tents. I had that tent for a bit over a year…not the lightest, but huge and windy worthy.

Thanks

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

any opinions on their booties?

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I think there booties are too heavy, but not a bad price (I have seen them lower elsewhere on occasion)

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Steven, i'd skip the booties. Heavier, and uses inferior down. Save up and grab Goosefeet from Ben

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

the sd nitro 30 for that price is a steal. love the bag. slept outside on cold mountain (nc) last weekend and it got to 35 and i was toasty without a tent in cap 1 top and r1 bottom and wool socks…the long is for 6'0 -6'4….a regular wont fit me at 6'0

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

its laughable that they would call that a 30F bag … its 30F alright for women !!!

the thing is EN rated for men to 16F (28F for women) … that's better than alot of 15F-20F "rated" bags

i dare say at 26 oz and $170 … its the cheapest and one of the lightest 20F (or even 15F) bags you can buy

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I have the nitro 15 in regular. If you're close to 6'0", you'll want the long. Their bags run short.

"its laughable that they would call that a 30F bag … its 30F alright for women !!!

the thing is EN rated for men to 16F (28F for women) … that's better than alot of 15F-20F "rated" bags

i dare say at 26 oz and $170 … its the cheapest and one of the lightest 20F (or even 15F) bags you can buy"

I'm curious, you have any idea what the nitro 15 is EN rated for men? I've always thought it was a warm bag.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

Sorry jeff no idea on the nitro 15

id call sd and ask them

the nitro 30 ratings are in rei's site

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

I just used the Nitro 30 in a BD HiLight @3450m near the Armenian/Iranian border and it was cold enough for a nearby Tarn to freeze over completely overnight. It was very toasty. I agree that it is more aptly called a very light 20 degree bag. In fact, spec-wise it compares well with more expensive bags from Nunatak and Valandre:

Valandre Mirage 23 degree bag (12.9 oz. down) 1 lb. 10 oz.
    Nunatak Alpinist 20 degree bag (11.5 oz. down) 1 lb. 7 oz. (1 lb. 5 oz. min.)
    SD Nitro 30 (20) degree bag (12 oz. down) 1 lb. 9.5 oz. (per my scale)

The stretch feature and foot vents work well also.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

Aaron

whats yr packed size in that bag if u dont mind me asking?

Thks

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

im called SD and asked for their EN nitro 30 ratings … so its really a mid 20s bag

• Comfort 38° F / 3.3° C
    • Lower Limit 27° F / -2.7° C

the numbers on REI's sites are wrong … looks like they messed up the numbers with the nitro 15 … lol

http://www.rei.com/product/797120

as a note the valandre mirage is NOT a 20F bag …the EN test shows a limit rating of roughly 30F and comfort of 38F

http://www.valandre.com/product_images/testresults05112010113809MirageIFT.pdf

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools