Topic

REI OXT Airflyte Med jacket on eBay, $25 w/ 2 days left

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI OXT Airflyte Med jacket on eBay, $25 w/ 2 days left

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a (possibly) cheap eVent jacket…

REI OXT Airflyte Med jacket on eBay, $25 w/ 2 days left

Had some probs with the html filter, so here's the url:

http://cgi.ebay.com/REI-OXT-Airflyte-Running-Jacket-with-eVent-Medium_W0QQitemZ220686092210QQcategoryZ57988QQvarZQQcmdZViewItem

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

I picked one up at REI's last clearance sale and so far I like it. My size small came in under 10 ounces. The breathability panels are akin to stretch lycra. I haven't tried it out in a true rain shower, but I'm sure water will get in through the stretch panels. However, because of the panels, the jacket breathes amazingly well. A lil wetness might be worth the tradeoff for breathability. I dunno, I got mine for around town use (e.g. work, when im using an umbrella as well).

It's true, the jacket falls kind of funny. When its unzipped all the way, it kind of billows out like a cape. When its partially zipped up, the collar doesn't fall well, so its still stiff and upright.

But for a cheap price, its a good jacket

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools