Topic

Winter Bivy Sack Suggestions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Winter Bivy Sack Suggestions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Philip Werner
    BPL Member

@earlylite

Locale: White Mountain National Forest

David,

Thanks for weighing in. I think I'll order the ID Overbag and try it out. The advantage of buying this it over the MLD Alpine custom job is that I can return it, especially if Thom's turns out to weigh a lot less and proves to work great.

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

Sorry, off topic.
    The surgery wasn't 100% David. I may have to get more knife work done. :(
    I can still manage a quick hobble at the moment. :)
    Back on topic.

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Locale: Northwest CT

After reading this thread I too ordered an ID eVent overbag (5 minutes ago). $175 on Amazon! I will be using it primarily for winter. I have a bug bivy for the summer months.

I am very excited.

Philip Werner
    BPL Member

@earlylite

Locale: White Mountain National Forest

What! There was only one left at Amazon. I hope you didn't order it before me. Well, there will be another shipment in soon. Enjoy. The price was certainly right!

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

David, I have the ID Bugaboo with the coated nylon floor- I haven't had any condensation problems yet-
    Am I in for a surprise at some point?

David Ure

@familyguy

@ Mike – tht sucks. I have been having issues with my hips (but I digress).

@ Tad – not at all. I was just comparing having an all eVent cover vs one with a PU coated floor. I may simply sweat more than you.

@ Phillip – I think Backcountry.com has both colors in stock. Full price though.

It will be interesting to see what the MLD all event cover comes in at with respect to weight. I suspect very close to the ID given that the ID is made for a winter lofting bag and is both long and wide.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools