Topic

Sarvis SL1 eVent – end of the line?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Sarvis SL1 eVent – end of the line?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

i went out for two weekends of cycle touring and stayed in my Big Agnes Sarvis SL1 eVent. i noticed a few problems with the tent – the taped seams have all cracked, the most worrisome are those on the rain fly where it attaches to the tent at the eVent panels. also the underside of the rainfly was very sticky to the touch.

i called Big Agnes and they want me to send it in under warranty. the big question is, what if they decide to replace it with something else they deem as a comparable tent. i'm not sure what i would get as a replacement since no other products use this design.

what do you think, will they retape the seams or am i going to get a replacement tent?

David Ure

@familyguy

My money would be on a replacement. They actually had a couple of eVent Sarvis SL1 models at their http://www.BAP.com store maybe 6 months ago.

The Seedhouse SL2 weighs almost the same (within an ounce I believe) and has much more livable space. Similar pricing too. I'd request that one should they want to replace it….

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

if the seam tape failed, you can pretty much count on replacement, not repair.

I suspect the reason nothing else is quite like this is that other designs do the same job better…

The Seedhouse SL2 is nearly the same floor area, with full double walls, for a pound less. Cool!

David Ure

@familyguy

Brad, the Sarvis SL1 eVent was 2lbs, 14oz.

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

i had it down to 2 lbs 9 ounces. i used Ti stakes and left most of the tiedowns off. i also left the internal pocket out.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

My brain died. Need coffee. I was thinking 2, obviously. Ah well. Fly Creek 2 perhaps?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools