Topic

Multi-Day coasteering trips?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Multi-Day coasteering trips?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian James

@bjamesd

Locale: South Coast of BC

I’m just starting to learn about Coasteering but the idea is very appealing. I would love to spend multiple days exploring the coastline where I live, and doing it sans-Kayak would be all the more adventurous!

Does anyone have experience carrying gear for a multi-day coasteering trip? Can this be done? What I’ve read so far seems to treat Coasteering as a done-in-a-day activity and I am thinking that this could be a perfect realm for UL Philosophy to really shine.

Comments? Insight?

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Check out Ryan Jordan’s trip to California’s Lost Coast. Lots of good pics and gear info:

http://ftp.backpackinglight.com/galleries/LostCoast04/index5.html

Brian James

@bjamesd

Locale: South Coast of BC

I’ve seen those… I thought that he was just hiking a coastline there.

By coasteering I mean the combination of hiking, scrambling, traversing, diving, and swimming required to navigate inhospitable coastlines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coasteering

I was wondering about suitable packing and sleep systems: highly rugged and suitable for swimming and diving somehow.

Can it be done?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

You need to check out Ryan’s latest arctic 1000 gear for what they used to swim rivers. Their pack and sleep system might fit the bill.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools