Topic

GoLite 1 season down quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GoLite 1 season down quilt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jason McSpadden
    BPL Member

@jbmcsr1

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Jon, If you decide you want to purchase this quilt I may be able to help you. Golite is having a warehouse sale in my town. The quilt is 50% off or $120.00 in any size. Local tax is (I think) 7.5%. I have no idea what it would cost to send to you, insurance, etc. I don't even know if this is legal, although I don't know why it wouldn't be. Let me know.

Jason

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

if yr in the UK try looking at top bags by rab and phd and others …

if i remember correctly they are basically sleeping bags with no insulation on the bottom that you slide a mat into …

used by adventure racers alot out there

Jon Hancock
    Spectator

@bigjackbrass

Locale: Northwest England

Jason, that's extremely kind of you. I've just checked the likely shipping costs and related details and it does come out at a tempting price… unless HM Customs slap an import fee on the package (which is fairly likely; it's very much pot luck getting things from abroad here). If they do then the quilt would cost rather more than it's currently selling for on UK sites, even without discounts. I think I'll wait for the imminent sales and special offers, since GoLite stuff is often reduced over winter, but I do very much appreciate your offer.

Eric, I've tried the Rab top bags before and they're just too narrow for me. Likewise the PHD bags, but PHD will at least do a wide version… for an extra fee. A custom PHD bag is my number one alternative to the GoLite quilt but it would be considerably more expensive – probably double – and the flexibility of quilt sleeping suits me. Last year I made a synthetic quilt following Ray Jardine's pattern and it's a delight to sleep under. If only it didn't fill almost my entire rucksack and weigh twice as much as a down quilt it would be perfect!

Mark Lucht

@lucky489

Locale: Southwest

I have slept in mine at 38% in a solo tent and wore socks, long john, bottom, a light fleece, with a light weight balaclava, and was quite confortable. Not cold at all.

I am sure with my down sweater & a thicker hood I could get down to 20 quite easily. My bad is BA dual air core.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools