Topic

8 g (0.3 oz) whisky flask

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 8 g (0.3 oz) whisky flask

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Einstein X
    BPL Member

@einsteinx

Locale: The Netherlands

Not really a MYO project, but i thought it would fit better in this forum than the gear forum.

When i go hiking i really enjoy to zip a wee bit of whisky in my sleepingbag before going to sleap. I thought long and hard before i finally found something whick is light enough to serve as whisky flask. Here are some pictures:

frontBackSide

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics, but my webcam isn´t very high res. I also put my mouse and keyboard in the pics as reference for the size.

This package contained yoghurt, i ate that, cleaned the package and now i have a 8 g (0.3oz) 200 ml (6.8 fl. oz) whisky flask. I don’t know if you can get something similar overseas (i’m from europe) but i’ve also seen these packages being used for orange juice etc.

Eins

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Locale: Tokyo,JAPAN

Ssjogo 使い終わったパウチ容器を

ジョーゴとして使う。

先ず始めに、よく洗う。次に底部分を切り取る。

中側の芯を切り取る。

小さい注入口のボトルなどに差し込んで自立できる。

キャップに小さい穴を開けて、さらに細い口先にも応用できる。

不要なときは丸めて収納できる。

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

At first I wash it well. I cut a bottom share next.

I cut an inside core.

I insert it in bottles of a small injection mouth and can become independent.

I open a small hole to a cap and can apply it to thinner lips.

When I am unnecessary, I round it and can receive it.

Moe Dog

@moedog56

Met a couple hiking that shared their scotch with me at the summit (thanks, guys!) out of a Platypus – nominal cost ($4.50), only slightly more weight at 0.7 oz, , widely available, no taste from the container, and no cleaning involved. But then I guess it would only qualify as “BYOG”…

Platypus Sport Bottle

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Yukiosan, I am interested in re-using these useful containers also. Can you post a larger picture please. I have not figured out how to remove the inner straw without ruining the package.
    Arigato.

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

Park City IceWater Company sells water in a 16 fl. oz. flask of similar design. Weight is 0.5 oz. I used a bent paperclip to remove the small internal valve.

Dylan Skola
    BPL Member

@phageghost

Locale: Southern California

"When I am unnecessary, I round it and can receive it."

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools