Topic

Where would you go this winter (anywhere in the world)?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Where would you go this winter (anywhere in the world)?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

Looking for ideas. Being lazy and hoping to piggyback on the research/experience of others. Info about logistics, food, and camping… or just a kernel of an idea.. appreciated.

I have over a month of vacation coming up end of January. And can usually get 10-14 days off other months. If airfare isn't a problem where would you go for an epic backpacking adventure this winter.

I"d prefer a nice long trail with either camp anywhere or actual (vs stealth) camping areas. High places, epic views a bonus, and unless otherwise told, I'm probably too much of a wuss to camp in Africa.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Patagonia, New Zealand, or SW United States.

Thanks in advance.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

heading anywhere south of the equator sounds right

Matthew Thomas

@caramelmarx

Locale: Southern California

That would be an epic trip no question.

http://www.hikepyrenees.co.uk/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools