Topic

30% off RAB @ Backcountry!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 30% off RAB @ Backcountry!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

See their ad on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=441626426195&id=5461604986

Expires 10/18, use code 5LH-1-DSQNH.

The Demand Pull-On sticks out to me, 10oz eVent jacket.

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I really like the looks of this jacket too. It's advertised as only 0.1 ounce heavier than the ID Thru Hiker (11.9 oz). For the weight of a small candy bar you get a full front zip.

Sieto van der Heide

@sieto

Locale: The Netherlands

I have the Demand Pull-on – great jacket. Light, packable, great hood, eVent. Be aware it's a bit tight around the shoulders, compared to other Rab jackets.

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Picked one up for $180………….

THANKS for the post

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

Have you guys ever seen rab stuff low like this or is this the only time? Should i wait for another sale down the road? Are they coming out with anything new that may lower the price on something like this?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Ike, i've picked up rab at 50% off, but that was very rare. I would think that this would be your best bet if you are especially looking at the brand new demand pullover. Until they release a revised, newer season of it, I doubt you'll see it being blown out for any lower. Of course I could be totally wrong, just my take on it

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Ike, I haven't seen such a steep discount before on their stuff. If you're looking for a lightweight eVent jacket, this looks to me like the right time.

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

Im gonna hold off, i still have a frogg toggs jacket that i need to wear down first.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

rab goes on sale quite a bit … check spadout and campsaver … only problem is that it might not be what you are looking for … lol

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

and it weighs 9.15 oz for the medium. That's lighter than advertised. You can add 0.35 for thier stuff sack, but it's still lighter under their advertised 10 oz. I'm 5'9" at 153 lbs. I do have 40 shoulders from 12 years of competitive swimming. The medium is a little smaller than other mediums like Konrad has said in the past. However, I'm able to wear my MB UL down hoody under it and still have comfortable movement.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools