Topic

15% off at Bent Gate (includes WM)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 15% off at Bent Gate (includes WM)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Colin Kelley

@ckelley

Locale: Santa Barbara

Just saw a 15% off at Bent Gate through January 15. There are no exclusions listed, so this presumably includes Western Mountaineering and MontBell.

Promo code: rockandice2010

Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

Thank you! Just picked up a Montbell UL down inner for 104.52 shipped! It is on sale now as well

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

works on clearence items tooo … eff it … i might just have to get something …

montbells are almost all on sale

you sir are evil evil evil

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Geez…the GoLite 1+ Season synthetic quilt is on sale for $101, which would then be $85 with this coupon.

Brian Latta

@skillet0

Locale: SW Michigan

I tried to stack the coupon to purchase a Marmot bag that was already 15% and it went through. They called me a couple hours later and said that I couldn't use the coupon with the sale.

dan f

@shrubs

Hey guys, there are exclusions with this coupon code. It doesnt stack with any other sales or promotions.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

just ordered my wife a UL inner jacket- thanks for the heads up!

Brent Huntzinger

@bhuntzin

Locale: Springs

I have been waiting for any sales on WM so I could purchase the Ultralite for my wife and Summerlite for myself. Thanks for posting.

Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

I just received a call as well. Definitely not for the sale items. Still a great price for the UL down inner jacket at 122.96!

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

That would have been crazy if it worked though… still tempting but cant find the UL Parka :(

Warren Crow
    BPL Member

@crowculbertson

Locale: Alabama

Good discount for a jacket that is talked about extensively in the latest Down Jacket SOMR getting high praise.

~$135

These sales always scare me as I think I am getting products at the end of their cycle missing out on the new and improved models.

Cha-Ching

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

honestly warren i dont think you need to worry

my montbell EX is so minimal that i dont see how they will make it "improved" short of going to some unobtanium fabric …

Warren Crow
    BPL Member

@crowculbertson

Locale: Alabama

"MontBell already has loads of down jackets, but they should consider adding a puffier version of the Ex Light with 3 ounces of down in it."

Comment in the SOMR.

Have to wonder if they are listening.

Evan McCarthy
    BPL Member

@evanrussia-2

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Fantastic! I just grabbed a pair of UL Down Inner Pants for $104 total, with free shipping to boot. Great post on the coupon.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

well I finally got "the call" :( I cancelled my order, I'll find someone else to do business with

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

what call mike?

that they didnt have your product in stock or something similar?

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

They just told the both the wm bags I ordered were "not really instock"

Nice enough and even offered to refund my money, but that doesnt get me the bag i want at 15% off.

said it was an inventory "glitch" yet I can still go add both bags on the website to my cart….so who knows.

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

"Even offered to refund your money", as opposed to what? Keeping it in exchange for nothing? ;p

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

I'm not impressed w/ Bent Gate :(

Colin Kelley

@ckelley

Locale: Santa Barbara

Too bad they didn't have the bag in stock. FWIW, I've ordered from them many times and they've always shipped exactly what I ordered promptly.

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

no I meant to cancel my entire order if I wanted (I ordered a variety of other things besides the wm bags).

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Apparently this coupon doesn't work on Montbell anymore. The coupon 'doesn't apply' to the Ex-light jkt and vest.

Chad Helmke
    BPL Member

@the-gear-recycler

Locale: High Rockies

So I happen to work in beautiful Golden, CO and just to let the naysayers know, it is one of the few remaining mom and pop gear stores left in Denver besides REI. It's probably less than 2000 sq ft and would fit in the conference room of the flagship REI downtown. I don't think some of the smaller stores are adequately equipped to handle a BPL post like this and subsequent barrage of orders they receive. Cut 'em some slack and keep on ordering from the little guys-which most of you obviously do or the cottage guys would be closing their doors. Just my 2 cents…

Landon Schrock
    BPL Member

@lschrock

Locale: Ozarks

Moosejaw price matches and you get the 1000 extra points. Giddyup.

Landon Schrock
    BPL Member

@lschrock

Locale: Ozarks

Moosejaw won't honor price unless it's clearly advertised on site. Oh, well.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools