Topic

GoLight Shoes for $40

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals GoLight Shoes for $40

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Kopp

@ckopp

Locale: SoCal

A friend sent me this link so I thought I'd share. Anyone tried these shoes yet?

http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net/cb/mens-golite174-force-low-hikers.aspx?a=442333&gltrk=k54384&gltrkaff=dealnews

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

here they are for $29 plus 8.95 shipping…wonder why they are blowing these out?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=718741&ecid=EX40A

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

The Force are an older model no longer being made.

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

Anyone using these?

JR Redding

@grinchmt

I had a pair of these that were given to me as a replacement for a set of Sun Dragons.

These shoes are horribly designed. Very tight toebox. The lacing system has an interior part on each side of the show, that when added up is an 1/8th inch in thickness and will cause the sides of your feet to feel like they have went through an all day rubbing of sandpaper.

One of the worst shoes I have ever had and it consequently ended my relationship with GoLite whether for shoes, clothing, whatever.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Joe:

Not to defend Golite, but just be aware that Golite Footwear is completely separate from Golite so don't let your bad experiance with Golite footwear tarnish your opinion of the gear company. They are even owned by different companies.

JR Redding

@grinchmt

I am fully aware of that Bradford. GoLite still lets their name be put on inferior products (they license it out). That does for me tarnish it with their apparel and gear. Because of the bad experiences I have had with both Timberland and New england Footwear (who have both made GoLite shoes) and GoLites refusal to acknowledge their name of their product, I wont buy either. Just my thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools