Topic

How to upload a gear list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists How to upload a gear list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dan Magdoff
    BPL Member

@highsierraguy

Locale: Northern California

Hey all
    I want to upload a gear list onto my profile….but all I got is an excel document. How do I change that into a PDF?
    Thanks
    Dan

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Mine is MS Office 2004, because it has taken Microsoft this long to come up with an update for the Mac (I don't yet have the new one). On mine, you hit "Print" and a menu comes up showing your printer and what pages you want to print. At the lower left is a button saying "pdf." Hit that and you can save your Excel spreadsheet as a .pdf file. That's what you are going to upload. On this site, go to "My Account" and then "Change my Profile." At the bottom is a button you click to choose the file to upload.

I haven't tried this yet, but it looks pretty easy even to this comparative luddite, once I found the pdf thing on the Print menu!

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

You may need to download a free SaveToPDF addon.

Dan Magdoff
    BPL Member

@highsierraguy

I tried the print thing….but there was no button that said "pdf" to convert it.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

That's because it's not built into the Windows version, at least not up to the 2007 version.

Download the free Microsoft addon. You won't print to pdf, you'll save to it.

Dan Magdoff
    BPL Member

@highsierraguy

figured it out…thanks everyone!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools