Topic

8×8 Pyramid

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 8×8 Pyramid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Douglas Ray

@dirtbagclimber

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Perusing Oware's website I see that they have an 8×8 Pyramid listed. I know a lot of people here have designed and changed and experimented with every size and variation of the pyramid shelter and I'm wondering how practical this size really is.

My experience with this sort of shelter is that you really need enough space to be able to not have your sleeping system touch the walls at all, even with some moving around. I'm thinking 8' of length probably isn't enough for this to be practical for most of us medium-sized people.

Evan Brodfuehrer

@burtonboarder84

I have also been looking into a pyramid shelter. Oware, MLD both have similar shelters. I came across the Black Diamond Beta light shelter which uses 2 trekking poles. Its a tad bit longer than 8 feet. The trekking poles are set up at the ends so it looks like the material isn't angled tight as a pyramid shelter on the sides. Black diamond's website claims its only 19 ounces. I think I am going to try it. Oh yeah its made of the same 30d silnylon as the other pyramid shelters as well. Just thought I'd share this with you. Only thing I dont like are the colors.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

I have used the Betalight on and off over the years, a good shelter which can withstand reasonable strength winds above treeline.

Here is a few pictures of it in use Betalight

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools